2021-2022 HHS School Profile
Harrison High School is ranked among the most competitive high schools in New York State and the nation. The following accomplishments and points of pride are attributable to Harrison's mission of rigor, adaptability, equity and access for all students, which serves as the foundation for all decisions made on behalf of our students.
- Fully inclusive educational program with access to all course offerings for diverse populations
- Consistently ranked among America’s Most Challenging High Schools by The Washington Post, recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s top high school’s and ranked in the top 2% of schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Report which recognizes college readiness, reading and math proficiency, student performance, college curriculum breadth and graduation rates.
- 93% of students in the class of 2021 enrolled in one or more AP or IB courses.
- 90% of the senior class is enrolled in Language and Literature courses at the IB level.
- 91% of juniors in 2021 earned a score of 4 or above in IB Literature HL; 92% of students in 2021 earned a score of 4 or above in IB Language and Literature SL.
- 34 seniors are enrolled in Syracuse University’s Dual Enrollment Program in Multi Variable Calculus.
- Music students have qualified and participated annually in Area All ‐State (Regional) and All‐State NYSSMA Solo and Ensemble Festivals.
- Award winning Musical Theater program; students select and direct annual Spring Play
- The Fine Arts program was recognized in 2020 by New York Magazine and the New York State PTA
- Fine Arts students have shown their work at the OSILAS exhibit at Concordia College, Katonah Museum’s Young Artist Exhibition and the Bruce Museum.
- 60 students are enrolled in award‐winning Science Research program, which included 2021 Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair & Science Talent Search winners.
- The Husky Herald earned the highest designation of honor from the American Scholastic Press Association.
- The high school’s literary magazine earned an “Excellent” ranking from the National Council of Teachers of English.
- In 2021, the Debate Team won 16 tournaments, 11 top speaker awards, and earned 27 bids to the Tournament of Champions. The team placed 3rd at Nationals and 2nd at the New York State Championship.
- For the fourth time, the Debate Team had the #1– ranked debater in the nation and two other students in the top 5.
- Recognized as a School of Excellence by the New York State Athletic Association for the 2020‐2021 school year, exceeding the state requirement of 75% of the Varsity sports teams achieving Scholar‐Athlete Team status